Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gungor

One of the first bands I found on my search for new music was a group called Gungor. I heard one of their songs on a video and the lyrics stuck and I just had to find the artist. It took a bit of searching but I found them! That first song I heard I have carried on with me through many seasons in life. One season in particular. A friend of mine and I claimed this song "Beautiful Things" as our song. We both grew up very different backgrounds. Well, we had pretty much come from two cultures. When singing to this song together in the car with the widows down and the music cranked up our hearts were on the same page. We had found out what we had in common. Our hearts were both full of past pains, hardships, regrets, failures, and sins. In both of our lives we had dust, but we both held on to the fact that our God makes beautiful things from dust. The lyrics of this song were never so beautiful than when singing them with my friend.















In 2011 Gungor released another album called Ghosts Upon the Earth. This album has just blown me away. I rarely love every song of an album and this one I do. The entire album is like a story from beginning to end. You have to have the whole album for completion. This album has such depth and beauty. I suggest playing the whole album straight through the first few times listening. It starts out talking about creation and then the fall of man and continues on. The music gave me the same thoughts as C.S. Lewis gives in his books. It's a refreshing imagery of the ideas of life, death, and eternity. I felt this album did the same. One of my favorite songs is the last track, Every Breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment