Saturday, December 17, 2011

Things break.

I was going to post some photos of another kind of Christmas cookie we make, but sadly... things break. Yes I had to learn this the hard way. Right in middle of making the cookies I picked up my Nikon D40 to take some photos. I didn't know, but I guess the strap was stuck on the kitchen nob and as soon as I picked my camera up it flung back and fell hard (very hard) onto the kitchen floor. I think it bounced a few times..Ah! Oh it was terrible. My only response was a very loud and long "Noooo!!". I investigated if it still worked and found out it was indeed broken.... Now if you don't know,  my camera has been one of my favorite things I own. I love taking photos. My Nikon has gone with me on many treks to the lake, to the woods and has been with me so I can capture every moment. And now it is gone. Moral of the story: Material things do not last. Treasure up the things that WILL.



No comments:

Post a Comment