Thursday, June 21, 2012

Home

wrote this about a month ago and never got around to posting, so now I am!
 

It's a bit hard to know where to start.
I have grown up in the same neighborhood my whole life. I have lived in three houses within one block from each other. My dad is a house builder and so he built two of the houses we have lived in.  When I was nine years old I loved to tell people I was moving because I'd wait for them to ask "where to?" and I'd reply "Next door!" Yes we did move in next door! This is the house I have been at for ten years. I have dearly loved this house. I was thinking about how it's been such a place of growth for me. I think on all the times of tears, joys, laughs, adventures, challenges, and all the blessings. 

Memories of my house.
  • When we first moved into the house my brother made a HUGE cardboard fort for me in the living room with all our kitchen cabinet boxes. It was AMAZING! 

  • All the hundreds of crafts that I made at this house :) all the small paint markings on my carpet
(Shh!! ;) )

  • many many movie nights with my family and friends (Pride and prejudice with my dad)

  • FOOD! Saturday morning crepes and Sunday roast after church
  • the beautiful birds singing in the morning and the frogs chirping from the woods at night

  • Apple trees and grape vines

  •  My room with its big window looking out into the beautiful sunny sky!

I am so thankful for this house! Though this house is not my own. It is God's. All I have is his. And soon now he is going to bless another family with this home. Our house has been up on the market off and on and finally two days ago it sold.  My parents will be moving while I am in South Africa this summer, so I have 4 more days in my home.
 My backyard! (You can see my old house next door!)
 I enjoyed a bit of time in my backyard yesterday with some watermelon haha :)




We are downsizing into a smaller house! But it will be difficult not coming home to this house. But it's made me remember that this earth is not my home. 

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own.  If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." Hebrews 11: 13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment